The Incident Management module centers on Incidents that can be created to track any real incidents that occur at your organization. After an Incident is created, a user can view the Incident Dashboard and the areas connected to it. The dashboard consists of the following:
- The Incident overview: This is the first section of the Incident page and contains the information from the Incident properties page and includes, start and end times, incident description, comments, etc.
- Situation Reports: The situation report is a set of topics (categories) that summarize the current state of the incident. Each topic can have an assigned owner and should be updated periodically to ensure the latest information on the incident is posted. The latest update for each category is shown in the Situation Report section of the Incident Dashboard. The owner of a Situation Report Category will receive reminder emails at intervals defined by the “Next Update” field. Alternatively, there is the “situation report contributors” field on the main Incident. This controls who has permission to update the situation reports. Only the owner will receive reminder emails.
- Activated Plans: This section list the plans that have been activated directly in response to the active incident. Activated plans are plans that will be used to respond to the Incident. Their main function is to allow for a plan to be executed in the context of an Incident, and to track the progress of plan execution in a central location. Additional Plans are able to be activated as needed during the incident via the Activate Plans button.
- IT Recovery Dashboard (Part of Task Scheduling Feature): This section displays a list of all recoverable applications and IT items tied to activated plans. This dashboard provides the name of the item, what plan it is in, if it is an application or IT item, current dependency statuses, and the item status. The name field is linked to take the user to the activated plan the item is from. Additional recoverable items that are not currently tied to a plan can be added through the Add Recoverable Item button. Currently, additional items are not manageable through the system, and will show as “Not Activated” on the status view.
- Projected Recovery Dashboard (Part of Task Scheduling Feature): This chart visualizes the projected time it should take for the incident to be recovered. In this chart, each row represents an individual task section from an activated plan. The rows in the same color are sections from the same plan. Clicking the Show Critical Path Button displays sections that have to be completed before other sections can start.
- Incident Issues: Incident Issues allow for impediments to be documented per Incident. Whenever an Issue is updated an entry in the feed is created to reflect the change. An Incident Issue’s status shows up in the Incident Issue table on the Incident Dashboard with its text colored to reflect its priority. This will also create an entry in the Incident feed. When an Incident issue is nearing the assigned update time, an email will be sent to the owner of the issue.
- Incident Attachments: This section allows you to upload files pertaining to the incident. This can include notes, pictures, documentation from insurance or government officials, etc.
- Incident Feed: The incident feed automatically logs key actions during the incident. By default, all entries are shown to the user. The user can filter entries by several types. Incident feed is arranged in order from Newest to Oldest and color coded to show priority levels. Colors are: Red => High, Yellow => Medium, Blue => Normal, Grey => Info